Last Updated: April 28/04 2020
FirstCycling AS acting as the controller
FirstCycling AS, org. nr 922 083 398, is a Norwegian company with its principal place of business at Fossetunet 1A, 6856 Sogndal, Norway (“FirstCycling”), and is the owner of the website Firstcycling.com (the “Site”). FirstCycling has the role of “controller” for the processing of personal data at the Site.
Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
• Your name, address, year of birth or title
• Your User Content
• Information about your devices, such as IP address
• How you browse and use the services of the Site
• Details of communication you entail with us
At FirstCycling, we are fully committed to the data protection principles of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Norwegian Data Privacy Act.
We use your personal data for many reasons, from understanding how our users engage with our website, to let you register and play the Fantasy game and other games available at our website from time to time, to register a user account and for marketing and advertising purposes. Ultimately, this allows us to publish the journalistic data that you can access to on www.firstcycling.com (the Content).
These are the main reasons why we collect and use data about our users:
• To show you news about races, results, teams, rankings and other related journalistic content that is relevant to you and to improve your experience on our site
• To let you register a user account at www.firstcycling.com
• To provide the services you can sign up for, such as newsletters
• To let our users play the Fantasy game (Season and Classic Fantasy) or other games available om our website
• To carry out marketing analysis and communicate with you when we have your permission, or when permitted by law
• To enable us to show advertising on our site
• To improve our services and digital channels. Such processing is based on legitimate interest. We have legitimate interests to analyze our website traffic in order to maintain the services, for example monitoring successful page loads or error messages.
• To ensure the security of our systems, and to detect and prevent certain types of misuse of our services. Such processing is based on a legitimate interest.
• To meet legislative requirements, for example in relation to accounting and providing information to authorities when required by law. Such processing is based on compliance with our legal obligations.
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to register an account and by that providing your personal data to us, or to receive newsletters or marketing material from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time. In the case of marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or logging onto your FirstCycling account and set your email preferences in the “emails and marketing” tab, or you may choose not to consent when signing into your FirstCycling account.
Our legitimate interests:
Where it is necessary for us to understand our users, promote our services and operate our website efficiently for the creation, publication and distribution of news about races, results, teams, rankings and other related journalistic content online at www.firstcyclling.com. For example, we will rely on our legitimate interest when we analyze what content has been viewed on our website, so that we can understand how it is used. It is also in our legitimate interest to carry out marketing analysis to determine what content that may be relevant to the interests of our users.
Compliance with law:
In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
Updating your personal data and your profile page on the Site
When you register for an account with www.firstcycling.com, you have access to a profile page. Under “edit profile” you can review what information is public when you comment on our articles. You can also update your information or provide extra information when needed. You may also at any time update your consents and marketing preferences in your account.
How we collect personal data
We collect the data provided by you when you register for a FirstCycling account, subscribe to our newsletters, enter into agreements for a license or contact us directly.
Processing and Storage time
We only store your personal data for as long as necessary and for the purpose the data was collected, unless a legal requirement demands a longer storage period, or if you have given us your consent to extended storage.
Your personal data will be processed for as long as you have an active relationship with us, or until you request us to delete the information in our systems. We consider a relationship with us as:
1. being a customer or customer contact of FirstCycling;
2. being registered as a user at FirstCycling;
3. having given consent to receive marketing material or newsletters from us;
4. having actively asked to be contacted by us via www.firstcycling.com, social media, electronic messages, electronic forms or on racing events, or;
5. having requested to follow us on Facebook or another advertising platform.
The relationship to us is defined as ‘active’ as long as:
• your contact information or user profile is needed to maintain the relationship to you or your company, or
• you have not explicitly withdrawn your consent, or
• you have logged into your User Account during the last 12 months
Storage of anonymized data is not subject to such limitations or demands, as anonymized information is not considered personal data. We may use any anonymized data for any purposes.
Sharing information with third parties
FirstCycling does not sell, rent or lease your personal data to third parties.
FirstCycling may share anonymized data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis. To arrange for deliveries or support at your request, we may also share personal data with third parties with which we have a contractual relationship with, including data processing agreements to secure the processing of your personal data.
All such third parties are obliged to confidentiality and are prohibited from using your personal data for any other purposes than the services delivered to us. FirstCycling will always enter into a data processing agreement with such third parties.
The Site only uses “cookies” and similar tracking to provide you with the Site and Content, and to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide convenience to you. The purpose of a cookie is to inform the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, when you register on the FirstCycling site, a cookie helps FirstCycling to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as username and password and so on. When you return to the website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the FirstCycling features that you customized.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site regarding collection of personal data.
Security of your personal information
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against loss of data, unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Our security policy includes physical, technical, and organizational measures, use of protective software, IT infrastructure, internal and external networks and technical facilities, as well as internal policies and access control.
Our security work is based on regular risk assessments and internal controls to ensure that sufficient and adequate security measures are implemented to prevent the unauthorized access of personal data.
Children under thirteen
FirstCycling does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Changes to this statement
Your rights and Contact information
You have the right to access, correct, and in some cases request deletion of your personal data processed by us. You may also have the right to restrict or object to the processing, as well as the right to data portability. You can read more about the extent of your rights on the websites of the Norwegian Data Protection Authority: www.datatilsynet.no.
If our processing is based on your consent, you can always withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal data is used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints will be dealt with by us, and you will receive a reply within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint or concern has been handled, you can refer your complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority: www.datatilsynet.no.